Welcome - and thank you for visiting!
We hope that you find everything you need. Please, look around - if you have comments, questions, or suggestions, use our "Request Information" page to share your thoughts or send an us an email.
Your fueling equipment will break or need service, eventually.
Monthly inspections are required - we can help.
Perhaps you need service now, but are waiting - concerned of the cost.
We know that you can call on anyone to fix it - you now have more options.
You know what your current service company charges. Call to ask about our prices and compare the value.
If you answer "Yes" to any of these questions, we can help:
- Is a card reader, display, or receipt printer not working?
- Are your hoses cracked and dried out from the weather?
Do you have a nozzle, not stopping when the tank is full?
- Need an insurance quote for damage to your equipment?
Are your customers complaining about your slow pumps?
Does your tank monitor have an active alarm or warning?
Does one or more hose "jump" before the nozzle is opened?
- Have your dispensers been stopping in the middle of a sale?
- Are your displays sun-damaged and getting harder to read?
- Has the "Remove by" date on your hose assemblies expired?
- Is it time to inspect your pumps, hoses, or other equipment?
Are your displays dark at night because of burned-out bulbs?
- Did you have a customer drive away, dragging the hose behind?
We fix these (and other) problems and we do it for less!
Our minimum* charge is just sixty dollars - which may
include the first 15 minutes of labor for your site!
* The sixty dollar rate applies to locations within twenty miles of our office.
If the distance to your location is more than that - your rate will be higher.
We use mapquest.com to ensure consistent and accurate information.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not a repair shop; we are not auto mechanics. If you need a mechanic to replace a fuel pump in your car, truck, or motorcycle - try this.
But ... when it's time to "fill-'er-up", you'll know that we have been keeping that stuff working so that you can gas-'n'-go, whenever you are ready.
Please remember that my business cell Caller ID is "blocked".
If you restrict "blocked" Caller ID numbers, I cannot return your calls from the field. You must wait until I am back in the office to return your call.